What is the TikTok Lite?
Let me also tell you that, the TikTok Lite app is accessible on both android and iPhone. Thus anyone can download and access the Lite version of TikTok. So, enjoy making most out of it.
Do you still wonder what’s the difference between TikTok and TikTok Lite? Then we can explain it further to you. Read below to learn how TikTok Lite is different from TikTok.
Difference Between TikTok and TikTok Lite?
Basically, TikTok and TikTok Lite, both are official apps. But of course, there are few differences between them. TikTok Lite app basically means cut off some features from the TikTok app. As many features are available to us in TikTok, some of them are not available to use in the TikTok Lite version. Thus, TikTok Lite is reduced in size. However, you can watch as many videos in the TikTok Lite app as in the TikTok app. The major differences between these apps to talk about are:
- Upload a video: The upload option is absent in TikTok Lite. You can watch unlimited TikTok videos in the Lite version too. But, if you wish to create and post your videos on TikTok, you must access through the TikTok app only.
- Options and Settings: TikTok Lite offers only two options Copy Link and Report. What about a duet video? No, you can’t find an option to duet with other TikTokers. For that, you will need to access TikTok. There are also certain changes in the settings. The makers of TikTok have stripped most of those aforementioned settings from the TikTok Lite app.
- Privacy Settings: Unfortunately, you can’t change your privacy setting using TikTok lite. The privacy options are not available in TikTok Lite. Whereas in TikTok, you can find plenty of options to set up your privacy. Privacy regarding your profile and videos as well.
- Battery Life: TikTok takes up a lot of battery life. You also feel it. Right? Correct me if I’m wrong. Well, I can get that. Hence, the solution is simply to download TikTok lite for watching TikTok videos while saving the battery life.
- Size and Storage: Generally, a Lite version of any app is smaller in file size. Such that, it can run smoothly over slower 3G or 2G data networks. TikTok consumes about 97M (for the current latest version) on installation. And it eventually expands depending upon the usage. On the other hand, the TikTok lite takes only 33M (for the current latest version) on installation.
Is TikTok Lite better than TikTok?
Download link here for TikTok Lite
Similar to TikTok, the TikTok Lite app is also available for both android and iPhone. You can find the link below to download the lite version for any of your devices.
How to Log in to TikTok Lite?
In order to use the features and services of TikTok Lite, you must log in to it. Don’t know how to log in to TikTok Lite? No worries. Here we will provide you step by step guide to login to TikTok Lite.
- First of all, is, you need to download the app on your device. You can download TikTok Lite anytime from Google PlayStore in an android phone and App Store on an iPhone. It is a 100% free app.
- After the installation is completed, open the app. Then TikTok videos will start playing on your device screen. Where you can find a profile icon on the bottom-right corner. Tap on that icon.
- You will see a new interface where you are asked to log in using any of the provided options. You can sign up with your valid email id or phone number. Or else you can either log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google account. If you are new to TikTok and don’t have an existing TikTok account. Choose any one option and sign up to create a new account on TikTok.
- If you already have created a TikTok account and wish to login with that valid id. Then tap on ‘Log in’ that is located at the bottom of the screen. Then the screen like below appears.
- The first option to login: You can either login using your valid username or email, or login via phone number. You must enter the username (or email) and password that you have entered while signing up to TikTok.
- The second option to login: On the bottom, you can find another option to log in that is ‘Login via phone number’. Then enter the password to get accessed.
The second method is also helpful if you have forgotten the credentials of your TikTok account. The credentials may be your email or username, or password. This is more like a lifesaver option. Am I not right? Obviously I am. Well, after you enter your phone number, you will see the screen like in the image above. Instead of typing the password, tap on the ‘Log in with Verification Code’ option. You can find the option at the bottom line of the screen.
Then you will receive a verification code via message to the aforementioned phone number. Then enter that verification code. Tada! You will get accessed to TikTok Lite, that too, without the password.