TikTok features many different and amazing filters to edit the video we have recorded. As a result, we can create eye catchy videos and make the video more fun, creative, and worthwhile. The platform has been flourishing its popularity as a short-video creation app.
We see many users have gone from a once an ordinary person to a famous TikTok star. One of the reasons is because they know how to make their videos worthwhile and creative. If you are a wannabe future TikTok star, we can help to lift you up.
Read this article to learn about the fruitful ideas to edit your TikTok videos and make them glamourous and alluring.
TikTok is one of the most talked-about social media app these days, especially among the youth. It is a short video creation app that allows users to make a 15 seconds long video and share it on the platform for others to watch. The platform has a wider scope as it is no longer only limited to lip-sync, and dance videos. Also, the TikTok videos are not limited to the platform only. In fact, many of the TikTok videos go viral over other social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
In order to make TikTok videos of your own, you must have a profile signed in to TikTok. You can always download the app for free via Play Store on an android phone and via App store on iPhone. After that, make sure you create your own profile for TikTok that is divergent. If you need any help regarding the TikTok signup process then read this article.
Ways to Edit Videos on TikTok
TikTok app allows us to edit the video before we post it on the platform. And trust me! it is more fun and easy though it seems to be difficult. You can add effects and edit the TikTok videos on the app itself. You need not download any other video recording app or editor to enhance your video. Because it features many different and new amazing filters and effects to edit the video. All you just need to know is which effects intensify your videos and make them significant. Also, it is important to know that the available visual effects that you can use are quite different in both of the following cases.
Method 1: Before / While recording
The first method to edit videos on TikTok is using the video effects, filters, and other editing features before recording the video. You need to choose and select appropriate effects before you proceed to record the video on TikTok. You will be able to see the results in real-time that is while shooting the video. It’s important that you know how these things work before you decide on what you need.
- Launch the TikTok app and log in to it. Then tap onto the ‘+‘ button on the bottom of the screen on the home page.
- Tap on the option titled Effects which is at the left corner on the bottom of the screen. Also, find other video editing features on the right side of the screen. You can flip the camera from the front camera to the rear and vice versa. You may change the video speed by tapping on the Speed option. Select filters. Set the timer, add beauty effect, and switch the flash to enrich the video quality and lighting.
- To get special effects: Choose the suitable effects you wish to use that are trending, new, and others from the provided categories.
- To make slow-motion videos: You can easily change the video speed to make slow-mo videos in TikTok using the same app. From the option titled Speed, you can set the speed to make slow-mo or fast videos like time-lapse. 1x is the normal speed, for slow-motion should choose the lesser number (0.5x is suitable for a slow-mo). Use slow-mo to make awesome hair flip videos, create walk videos, and so on.
- Select sound: You can select the sound and then start shooting the video on the selected sound by tapping on ‘Sounds’ at the top of the screen. Find the sound either by searching from the discover or your favorite list or the sound other user has used. Tap on Use this sound option that appears to select the sound and then record the video.
If you are totally new to this app, or still confused about how to use TikTok. Learn in detail about the TikTok app and learn more about using this app in this article.
Once you have recorded your TikTok video applying the edits and effects before/while recording it, you won’t be able to remove those filters and effects. However, if you lack some edits then you can still add them. To learn more read the complete article below.
Method 2: After recording
The other method to edit the video on TikTok is adding the video effects, filters, and other editing features after you are done recording the video. You can simply record the video in the app or open the recorded video from your gallery.
- First, complete the recording of the video, or else upload your pre-recorded video from the gallery. You can see the screen below after you have recorded the video.
- Add text and stickers: Tap on the ‘Text’ option if you want to add text to your TikTok video. You can also adjust the timing to make the text appear to bring out the creative video yours. Tap on the ‘Stickers’ option to add stickers in the same way.
- Change the filter: Tap on the ‘Filters’ option from the editing menu on the right side of the screen. You can find various filters under different categories. Choose an appropriate filter that you like.
- Change the video speed and other time effects: If you want the slow-motion effect on your pre-recorded video to post on TikTok tap on effects. Then slide the menu at the bottom to find the time wrap effects.
- You can make a reverse video by tapping on the time-wrap option Reverse.
- Also, you can make a part of the video to repeat by tapping and holding the Repeat option while the video is being played.
- Select the Slow-mo option to get the slow-motion effect on the specific parts of the video. Tap and hold the effect while the video is being played in order to apply it to the video.
- Change the sound: In the pre-recorded video, you may not like the original sound or may want to edit the sound or background music before you upload it on TikTok. To change the sound, simply tap on the Sounds option that you can find after recording the video. Then choose the preferred music from Discover or Favorites. You can adjust the length as well to make the video more appealing.