The latest TikTok update 13.11.1 has added a new feature called the pro version for everyone to use. It has its own analytics feature that can be very handy to content creators, brands, advertising agencies, and media publishers. With the new feature added to the app, now you can get your profile analytics. If you are a new user and haven’t started using TikTok, just download, and log in to the TikTok app on your phone. And if you are already on TikTok like me you can enable the TikTok Pro feature. Simply follow these steps given below in order to enable it. Make sure you follow the instructions properly to avoid any difficulties.
Steps to Enable TikTok Pro:
- Click on the app icon to open the TikTok app on your device.
- In your phone look for the TikTok app and tap on the app icon to open it.
- Once the app is open, tap on the “me” option to access your profile.
- On the top right corner of your profile look for three dots and tap to open your setting.
- Tap on “manage account”. Your manage my account setting shall open.
- At the bottom of the manage my account setting page, you will see a new option i.e. “switch to pro account”. Tap on it once. A new dialogue box shall appear.
- Tap on the “continue” button twice. You will be asked to choose a category to get customized analytics in the future. The categories include public figures, personal blogs, education media, music/dance, and others.
- Choose a category of your choice and click on the “Done” button. A pop-up dialogue box will appear saying “You can find Analytics in Settings”
- Click on “Ok” to continue.
A new feature called TikTok Analytics shall be added to your account setting option. Now you are good to go and try the all-new TikTok Analytics feature added in the setting option.
TikTok’s Analytics Feature:
The Analytics feature helps you to analyze your TikTok profile. The Analytics window has three different tabs. They are Overview, Content, and Followers.
Overview, Contents, Followers:
The overview tab in the Analytics feature shows your progress on video views, followers and profile views. You have the option to choose to see your progress for the past 7 days. Or you can choose to see the progress for four weeks. Also, the information shown is updated every day.
In the content tab, you will be able to see your recent posts for the past 7 days. There is also a “Trending videos” section. Although, it is still not clear yet if you will be able to see your own trending videos or all trending videos in TikTok. Apart from the information available on your post available, you can also “Create Post” directly from this tab. When you open an individual post from your content tab, you will be able to see individual stats for each post. The stats are categorized under different categories to give a clear and understanding of the post. They are described below in details:
- Total playtime: It provides you with the exact length of time your post has been watched by the people.
- Average playtime: It gives you the average time a user has watched your post. It is calculated simply by dividing total playtime by the total number of viewers of the post.
- Traffic source types: The traffic source types option lets you know show how did the audience discover your post. Audience location distribution: It gives you the location data of the viewers of your post.
TikTok is already on target of many top brands of the world who are waiting to work with the platform. The addition of the TikTok Pro feature is a green signal from the platform to the brands, marketers, and advertisers. There is no doubt that many brands will join hands with the platform in the coming days. And promote their brand name.
All New Beta Feature:
There is another new feature that is made available to the users in the latest update i.e. to join “TikTok testers”. This will allow users to join a beta release track directly from the app itself. To enable this option the users need to visit the setting options. First, go to the ‘About’ section in the privacy and settings tab. Look for the “Join TikTok Testers” link. Click on it and you will be redirected to the TikTok betta tester web page. Now, scroll down the page and you will find instructions on how to sign up for a TikTok tester. The following information will be displayed on the web page.
- First, visit the Google Play Store and search for “Tiktok”.
- Scroll down till you see the invitation to join the testing program and tap Join.
Report a problem in TikTok:
To report any issue regarding bugs or inconveniences in the product, go to the ‘Settings’ option and look for the “Report a Problem” option. You will now be able to report the issues.
Need to leave TikTok Testers?
If you had enough fun becoming a TikTok tester and are thinking of leaving it. Just follow the steps given in order to leave TikTok Testers.
- Go to your phone setting and in the “Apps” menu look for TikTok and uninstall it. Reinstall the TikTok app from the Google Play Store.
TikTok is a hot platform at the moment. Many brands and advertisers are eying the platform day and night. They want to see whether TikTok is going to be meet their standards as an advertising platform. And with the new update, TikTok has introduced all the necessary functionalities. It is the perfect time for brands and advertisers to hop into the platform and crack a deal.
We can expect to see many brands and marketing agencies working with the platform in days to come. Although things look promising for the platform. It is yet uncertain whether this new approach will make the users happy or prove to be a disappointment. The verdict is yet to be out just now so let’s wait and watch. Also, let us know what you think of the newly added features and keep TikToking 😉