Some people like changing the password of their social media account more frequently. While some might want to change the password of their social media account due to a security issue. Or for some other reasons. If you also want to change the password of your Tik Tok account and want to learn how to do it, you have come to the right place. Below are the simple steps in order to help you with changing your Tik Tok password.
To change the password of your Tik Tok account, you need to know your current password of Tik Tok. If you don’t remember your current password then check out our article on how to reset Tik Tok password.
Here in this article, we are going to guide you with easy steps along with a pictures guide to help you change your Tk Tok password.
Step 1: First of all, open the Tik Tok app on your mobile device.
Step 2: Go into your Tik Tok profile page
You will be taken to the popular trending videos home page when you open the Tik Tok app on your mobile device. Then tap the profile icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen to go into your Tik Tok profile. Or you can log in to Tiktok.
Step 3: Going to the ‘Settings’menu
You will be directed to your Tik Tok profile page. Your information and your posts are seen here. At the top right corner of your profile screen, you can see three horizontal dots. You will be taken to the settings options page when you tap on it.
Step 4: Going into the ‘Privacy and Settings’ Tab
After tapping the three horizontal dots in the top right corner, a pop-up settings menu will appear. Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and Settings‘ tab and click on it.
(Android users can skip this step)
Step 5: Managing Your Account
- Tap on the ‘Privacy and Settings‘ option. It will open up various profile settings options listed under ‘Account’ and ‘General’.
- Under the Account category, you will find the ‘Manage My Account‘ option. Tap on it.
Step 6: Changing Tik Tok Password
Under the ‘Manage My Account’ option, you will find various tabs like ‘My QR Code’, ‘Phone Number’ and ‘Password’. To change your password tap on the ‘Password‘ option.
Step 7: Filling in the text fields
After tapping on the ‘Password‘ tab, you will be taken to the changing password screen. You will see three different text fields on your screen. They are: ‘Current Password‘, ‘New Password‘, and ‘Retype New Password‘ fields.
- The first text field is for typing in your current Tik Tok account password. Type your password and go to the next text field.
- In the second text field, you have to type in the new password you want to set for your Tik Tok account. Type a unique password that you have not used earlier. Else you will get a pop notification saying ‘Password already in use‘. To make your password strong and unique, use a combination of block letters, small letters, numbers, and symbols.
- In the third text field, you have to retype the new password you just set in the second text field. Any difference in the password in the second and third text fields will give you an error red blink. So make sure, the passwords are a match.
Step 8: Saving your changes
Once you’ve filled all the three text fields, tap the ‘Check Mark’ icon to save your password changes. Use the new password you have just created to log into your Tik Tok account from the next session onwards.
These were the easy 8 steps, to change your Tik Tok account password.
We recommend you to change your password frequently. This helps to have a healthy Tiktok use for full entertainment from your mobile device. For further queries related to Tik Tok account, you can check our other articles related to Tik Tok.