There is no doubt that TikTok is one of the most popular Chinese short-video creating app of this century. TikTok got launched with a very simple, clear, and rather odd idea. The idea was to let people create and share short videos of themselves lip-syncing to the pop hits of the day. Let’s imagine an investor coming to you or me with this idea. We would probably have our dogs bite them and drive them off our property. Hence the reason why we are not multi-billionaire net business tycoons.
Let’s talk about a well-known fact if you don’t have any idea about this, now you do. TikTok gained its popularity and rose to immediate fame, first in China. Where the app was developed and first started as Douyin in 2016. It later got remodeled as Tiktok for the non-Chinese market in 2017.
A quick fact: This company moderates two different apps running on the same software. In order to meet the Chinese censorship rules criteria.
Since its introduction to the digital world, TikTok (even without Douyin) has more than 50 billion active users added each month. And according to the statistics of late 2018, it has been downloaded for more than 800 million times globally. Let alone America holds a statistic of being those 80 million out of those 800 million. Can you believe it?
This is a basic knowledge about TikTok which is better if you know before you begin. Now the main reason why I wrote this article- Yes! The visual effects on TikTok. TikTok comprises of a variety of different new and upgraded features. They are designed specifically for you to express your creativity. If you are new to the app and just learning the basics, it is understandable that you are confused. Or overwhelmed by so many video editing options within the app.
The TikTok app lets you create videos and content and share those videos with others on the platform. However, keep in mind if you want to create something extraordinary and special, you need to game up. And master the use of visual effects in your videos. It is simply to make your TikTok videos as appealing as it can be.
In this article, we will be explaining to you how you can add visual effects to your TikTok videos. Also, we will be discussing how you can add your own soundtracks to your TikTok videos. So, let get started.
Two Ways of Adding Visual Effects on your TikTok videos
The TikTok app allows you to add visual effects to your videos in two different ways. Either you can add the visual effects to your videos before making and recording it. Or you can simply add them later after you are done recording your TikTok videos. Let me inform you of the available visual effects that you can use are quite different in both cases. So it’s important that you know how these things work before you decide on what you need.
Adding Effects before Recording Video on Tik Tok:
1.When you add visual effects on your TikTok videos before recording hem. You will e able to see them in real-time while you are still filming. Here’s is how you can do it: Open the Tiktok app on your mobile device.
2. Click on the tiny ‘+’ icon which you can find at the bottom of the screen to launch your camera.
3. Click on the ‘Effects’ icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
4. You can choose one of the many effects available on the app. You can get access to all kinds of filters. Cats and dogs effects and all kinds of trendy and seasonal effects, and many more. You just have to tap on the effect you want to add, and it will appear on your screen.
5. Now you can continue to record your TikTok videos.
Adding Effects after you record your Video on Tiktok:
The Tiktok app also lets you edit and add effects to videos you have already recorded. For that, here is what you have to do.
1. Launch the Tiktok app on your mobile devices and login to Tiktok.
2. Just like the previous instruction, click on the ‘+’ icon which you will find at the bottom of your device screen.
3. Now, launch the camera on your device app and record a video.
4. After you are done recording, a preview window comes on your screen. This is when you need to click on the “Special effects” icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
5. All the available filters and effects will now appear on your screen. You can choose from one of the many filters, effects, and stickers. Choose either filters or effects at the bottom of the screen.
6. Tap and hold the effect you want to add to your videos. Remember, you need to keep holding the effect as the video plays. The moment you let go of the filter, the effect will stop. You can also add another filter to the end of the video if you wish. TikTok lets you combine multiple effects in a single video. You can come up with your own creative and hilarious moments.
7. Once you are done editing, save the recorded video. The effects you added to the video will be applied. Now you can then share the final video with your friends and family.
TikTok app provides you with a whole lot of built-in effects and filters to use. But if you can’t find the one you like and want in your video, you can always use other suitable video-editing apps. If you can’t find good video-editing apps online, I suggest you use these free apps.